EGF Geopolitical Trends, Issue 1, Spring 2015
Joining the dots and making sense of the key Geopolitical developments in wider Europe, Eurasia and MENA
By George Vlad NICULESCU, Head of Research, European Geopolitical Forum
1. The likeliest scenario for Ukraine: a "frozen conflict" in the Donbass with periodical outbursts of violence and European fireman-type interventions.
2. Brussels think tank kicks off public debate on a new Western strategy against Russia, but leaves questions to be answered
3. A common economic space (CES) from Lisbon to Vladivostok: Does it make sense, or is it just a piece of information warfare?
4. Russian plans for Turkish Stream: the geopolitics of South Stream intertwined with Turkish ambitions to become a regional energy hub.
5. Towards a final agreement on the Iranian nuclear file — a genuine cornerstone for geopolitical reshuffling in the Middle-East and beyond?